Services Offered at the Family Justice Center
- Confidential assessments and safety planning
- Advocacy and support for primary and secondary survivors
- Crisis intervention both in person and over the phone
- Information regarding protective orders and assistance preparing a petition
- Counseling services including individual counseling and support groups
- Civil legal assistance and referrals
- Resource room with access to a computer, printer, phone, and our resource library
- Children’s play space (supervision may not be available)
- Referrals to various community partners for assistance finding safe shelter, counseling options, medical care, housing and financial resources, and much more.
How do I receive these services?
Our services are available to victims regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, beliefs, or economic status. However, because we are a secure facility, every person must be screened for safety purposes before entering the building. We do see walk-ins, but we cannot guarantee that an advocate will be available. To set up an appointment and to be screened in advance, please call us at 574-234-6900. All services are free and confidential.