S-O-S of the FJC is the 24-Hour Crisis Center for St. Joseph County, offering a variety of services to survivors of sexual abuse/assault and domestic violence and their significant others.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking. (574)289-HELP (4357)
- Medical Advocacy and Accompaniment: S-O-S volunteer Advocates inform survivors of their medical options regarding treatment, evidence collection, sexually transmitted disease/testing (including HIV/AIDS) and follow up care. Advocates can be present and provide support for emergency room exams at both area hospitals. Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center has 20+ sexual assault forensic examiners specially trained in treating victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, strangulation, child sexual and physical abuse and neglect, and elder and dependent adult abuse and neglect.
- Community Outreach
- Professional Training: Specialized training is available to law enforcement, medical personnel and community partners. Training can be customized to address your group’s needs.
- Educational presentations are also available for local college campuses and community groups.
- Risk Reduction Programs: S-O-S offers several free, age specific programs to local schools, addressing sexual abuse, rape, sexual harassment, teen dating violence and domestic violence.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer advocate or learning more about educational opportunities, please contact Amelia Thomas at 574-485-2873 or firstname.lastname@example.org.